Bowker's Fiberglass Repair The Rot
24/11/2009 · It sounds like a costly project if the wood is rotten in the transom and stringers. You have to get the old wood out and rebuild. Basically you need marine plywood for the transom and lots of Fiberglas mat and resin.... 19/11/2015 · My boat is a 1987 Sea Nymph center console 191 with 2 outboards (90hp and 15hp). It has the protected transom/splash well. It seems solid, but given the age of the boat …
with Tony Ravenscroft Rebuilding The Transom Boat Mags
I started preparing the boat for the new transom by grinding away the fiberglass lip that was left when the old wood came out and any remaining wood from where the old transom was stuck to the boat.... This boat is a 1972 and the pictures were taken in late 2007 and as you can see, the transom was in bad shape. It should have been replaced years ago. It should have been replaced years ago. The first thing to do is to take the old rotten transom and use it as a template as best as you can.
Lund does nothing to help with rotten Transom
On a powerboat, this normally requires some repair and refinishing of the exterior skin beyond the transom corners, onto the sides and bottom of the boat. If the total area of fiberglass repair can be confined to the transom and not allowed to extend around the corners, the cost of cosmetic repairs will be significantly less. how to handle disagreements at work I bought my son a 16 foot project boat There is rotten wood in the transom. I pulled the outboard (70hp) and am ready to fix the rot. There is rotten wood between the inner and outer fiberglass layers.
How do you know if a transom needs repair or replacement
Dry rot may seem like a problem for wooden boats, but many boats, including those with fiberglass hulls, have wooden stringers and wall studs that can be affect by dry rot. Some of the factors involved in dry rot include the age of your boat, the type of materials used in construction, whether the boat is used and stored in a humid environment, how the boat is stored during the boating season how to tell if your piercing is infected 3/12/2010 · A hull and engine with a rotten transom is not a boat, it's a project, and pretending it's a boat is potentially suicidal self-deception. Work is required, either the owner or someone he hires, to return it to its former state of usability.
How long can it take?
How to tell if transom is rotten? The Hull Truth
- Transom condition Page 3 Boat Design Net
- Outboard Transoms Let's Talk - Glen-L.com - Glen-L Boat
- 2004 Lund Baron fishing boat. Transom rot. I am guessing
- Transom in Aluminum boats Michigan Sportsman Online
How To Tell If A Boat Transom Is Rotten
6/04/2014 · Just found out that the transom is rotten in my Lund Pro-V 1775. It's too big of a job for me to do myself, and the place I usually deal with can't do it.
- Intended for use on dried out, rotted, and weather wood, Git Rot is ideal for repairing stringers, roof rot, and transoms on both fiberglass and wood boats. Non-marine applications include window sashes, gutters, and other exterior repairs.
- The Stresses that are put on the transom of a boat, especially when pulling a skier or "Tubing" is tremendous. With the type of repair you have done, I would NOT want to be a Passenger in your boat at any time. That is MY experienced Opinion.
- 3/12/2010 · A hull and engine with a rotten transom is not a boat, it's a project, and pretending it's a boat is potentially suicidal self-deception. Work is required, either the owner or someone he hires, to return it to its former state of usability.
- The transom side fittings are still attached to the boat. Would it be easier to take them off and glue them to the transom first, or leave them on the tubes? I had a hard time getting the transom out of the fittings and wonder if it will be very difficult getting it back in.