In so far as in a sentence (esp. good sentence like quote
How to use as far as in a sentence. to the extent or degree that —often used in expressions like 'as far as (something) goes' and 'as far as (something) is concerned' to mean 'with … See the full definition... We use the present perfect if we are thing about the past and present together. 456.7 today, this week, etc. : I haven't seen her this week We prefer the present perfect …
So English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary
But it seems so much more clear tome when I think of it in terms of writing 1 compelling sentence at a time. And until now I had never thought of it like this. And until now I had never thought of it like this.... Glad you visited this page with a sentence for fun. Perhaps also see a sentence for fable and ways to use faced in a sentence . Now that you’ve seen how to use fun in a sentence hope you might explore the rest of this educational reference site Sentencefor.com to see many other example sentences which provide word usage information.
So that or in order that ? English Grammar Today
As far as I'm concerned, in his example sentence - "He was late and therefore missed the bus", any of the other three words (or indeed 'so') could substitute for 'therefore' without any change in meaning (although I'd accept that of the four, 'therefore' is the most natural-sounding). how to turn photos into watercolor paintings The only thing wrong with this version is that, so far, nobody uses it. Currently, descriptive and prescriptive grammarians (though not, interestingly, Microsoft Word) would agree on giving it a great big *. But it is so logical and solves the current dilemma so completely that, if a few of us start to use it, possibly both of the current versions will fairly soon seem awkward and antiquated.
so far Definition of so far in English by Oxford
Insofar (in so far) The preposition and adverb insofar , meaning to such an extent , is one word in American and Canadian English. It’s usually three words, in so far , in varieties of English from outside North America—though the one-word version is gaining ground everywere. how to change safari search engine to google uk So far, when indicating a time interval, indicates time from the start of something up to the present moment, with the understanding that it is expected to continue. Thus, it is only used with forms of the present and present perfect tenses and their progressive forms, as it would with similar phrases like up to now , till now , as of yet , to date , or thus far .
How long can it take?
Far Definition for English-Language Learners from
- the use of so far UsingEnglish.com
- Insofar As Definition of Insofar As by Merriam-Webster
- As Far As Definition of As Far As by Merriam-Webster
- SO meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
How To Use So Far In A Sentence
5/11/2011 · In the sentences about the English language, "so far" sounds awkward in both, because it's redundant and pointless. "So far" means to this point in time. If a language has spread globally, meaning over the entire earth, I can't think where else it can go in the future, unless we teach the language to whoever lives on Mars.
- This website has been written for teaching English Grammar and Vocabulary through interactive lessons and example sentences for showing and teaching how to use these grammar points and words in a sentence with the meaning in the authentic examples.
- If you tell or ask someone what has happened so far, you are telling or asking them what has happened up until the present point in a situation or story, and often …
- "Far" She didn't go far. Is it far from here? How far is it from here? Everything is fine so far. How far is it to New York? How far is it to the airport?
- 17/07/2008 · Re: expression "thus far" As yet may be used as so far / thus far / until now but rather in a negative sentence. Eg She has as yet but little interest in that.